The running and development of business activities entail various investments which in turn often require additional financing. Sometimes the method of raising it, security for a debt and resultant costs, tax restrictions and burdens are more important than economic aspects of such investment.
We have provided legal advice on the financing of several dozen investment projects, transactions involving the purchase of companies, businesses and assets, issue of bonds, conclusion of credit facility or lease agreements and other debt transactions. Our Clients included entrepreneurs both seeking and providing funding (banks, investment funds and financial institutions). Over many years, we have advised to a leading manufacturer of sanitary ware on the refinancing process with a maximum security amount of several hundred million euros, on the process of financing of the construction of Class-A office buildings at Plac Andersa in Poznań and on many other investment projects and transactions involving securities and guarantees for payment of the sale price.
Contact us if you:
- seek or provide funding for investment projects or asset acquisition and want us to draft or review legal documentation, verify (both legal and fiscal) costs and risks related to the provision of funding and the established securities for debts, e.g. registered pledge, mortgage, promissory note, fiduciary transfer of title by way of security, agreements on the priority of satisfaction, etc.
- are a bond issuer, a bondholder or a bond trustee and need legal support concerning bonds that have been or will be issued
- plan to acquire or sell a company, business, real estate or other assets and are looking for a legal advice on the methods to secure the payment of the sale price, whether paid on a one-off basis or in instalments, including the use of complex forms of pricing (e.g. price adjustment)
- consider other forms of finance, tailored to your needs or the needs of your client, requiring specialist legal expertise (e.g. private equity finance, lease or sale and leaseback, subrogation, etc.)
- are looking for legal advice on financing of ongoing operations (loans, working capital facilities, factoring, etc.)
- are a debtor or a creditor who needs the support of a law firm in the processes of debt restructuring, refinancing and in respect of issues related to insolvency of the entrepreneur