Change of shareholder
Behind each company there is always a man holding shares, whether directly or indirectly through other legal entities. Changes in lives of shareholders and in legal relationships between them affect the functioning of the company, the way it operates and its ability to achieve the intended common goal.
By supporting our Clients in making life decisions, we advise them also how to implement such decisions with respect to their assets. We have participated in a number of processes involving new shareholders joining the company or existing shareholders leaving the company, change of the scope of involvement of a given shareholder in the company and adjustment of the legal form of business to a specific composition of shareholders.
We provide legal advice with regard to:
- implementation of the process under which a new shareholder joins the company, including offers for taking up shares in the company, share options for members of the management board and outstanding managers
- drafting amendments to the articles of association or shareholder agreement in order to modify the scope of rights and obligations, contributions to the company or share in profits
- implementation of changes in the company relating to family situation of a shareholder, admission of a family member to the company (as a result of the planned succession), marriage or divorce, etc.
- analysis of legal and tax implications and presentation of the recommended legal form of business to shareholders
- negotiations of legal terms for joining or leaving the company
- solving of so-called difficult cases involving, for example, disputes between shareholders, exclusion of shareholders or redemption of their shares, as well as dissolution or winding-up of the company